Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The Whackmaster

Like a vituperative lover that comes and goes leaving me holding onto the hope that it could be so good and the reality that it ain't, I am plugged back into the internet. The local PC rooms took care of a few emails and business items, but there was some kind of net nanny that somehow let me yahoo, but not google; myspace my account, but not others'; look at other's blogs, but not update my own. So today after signing on and not getting disconnected after a minute as on my wireless I checked a few emails, looked at the DO's and DON'T's at viceland.com, "learned" 'Fearless' by Pink Floyd, for the guitar, at ultimate-guitar.com, and promptly signed in to blogger. I was a little apprehensive about being forced into creating a new google account (heard about DW's lost blog over at cyberdiarrhea's (little) sister site), but so far so good. In fact I think we need to give some props to what we're all doing here. Here is a short history of the internet. I don't see Al Gore's name anywhere in there.

One of the pain in the ass aspects of this typing TV is the insidious regionol code protection. This means that you can only play DVD's on your computer from the same region in the world as your computer is set to. You can only change your region 5 times. Why would anyone put such an asinine feature into a computer? For the same reason hookers suck dick, money. Luckily there are some ways to bypass this regional code.

If this all gets too complicated I put in my 80 Atari Games on 1 CD and whack away at some asteroids or centipedes.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger BigB said...

Thank you and I will.

5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home